Tuesday 8 April 2014

And that concludes baby week!

IMG_0451
I have a new free pattern to talk about (nothing to do with the above photo) but I've decided that it can wait until tomorrow because today I wanted to devote a post to something a bit more personal. I wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you for not only "bearing with me" while I went on and on about Rowan turning one year old and all the knits I've made for him, but for being incredibly supportive of me and my family. There is definitely a small part of me that worries that maybe you don't want to hear about my baby or his party, that you come here for TFA news and anything that is not specifically knitting related is not welcome. But you've proven that line of thinking to be so wrong and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

I've said it time and time again, TFA is a family run business, so any new TFA news is really new family news since everything that happens at TFA comes directly from Chris and I and affects Rowan too. When you run this type of business, the lines between work and play are so blurred. So much of what we do is part work and part life and so a bit of real life spilling over onto the blog is bound to happen. I'm just thrilled that you're all ok with that! 

When I started this blog TFA was but a distant dream, and I still think of this space as a personal crafting journal rather than a corporate brand promoter. Of course, I knit with TFA yarn a lot! And when I release a new pattern or new colours you bet this is the first place I'll come to talk about it, but to me it's more than that. This blog has turned into a huge part of what I love about my job. Writing blog posts has never felt like work to me. Looking back on older posts feels like looking through my old diaries, and I love that I have this place to come and revisit favourite memories. 

I do intend to continue to post about my family's special moments and occasionally pop in with something that may have very little to do with knitting. Although like I said, my life = knitting, so a real life post with no knitting/yarn/colour/crafting content seems highly unlikely! 

So, thanks for the support, and oh ya, cute picture above right? Rowan photo-bombed my Eventide Shawl photoshoot. The Eventide Shawl you ask? Why yes, that's a new pattern that I'll have ready for you before the end of the month. That shot is one of my favourites of the day. So you see, our work photoshoot turned into a lovely mother/son memory for me. I already have this photo printed and in a photo album. Look at how shiny and blond his hair is! What I wouldn't give for hair like that. It's silk!